Monday, June 20, 2016

I'm Living on the Beach!

Dear friends and family.
These past two weeks have been super amazing.
Alright. so to write about last week. Last week was my last week in bento Gonçaolves. Me and elder Miller had lots of fun, and worked hard. but the craziest part of that week was when I got a call from president Sunday night. It was a little after we had visited Elanise and them. We received a call, and president Campos wanted to talk to me. he asked me if I had started packing my bags, and I said yes. then he said good, and told me that i was going to be transferred. then he told me that i was going to train as well, and that I was going to arrive in my new area this Thursday. This call freaked me out. but I knew that it would all turn out fine in the end.
Anyway, so being a trainer, there was a lot of training and orientation that was going to happen in Porto Alegre. I arrived there Tuesday morning along with other missionaries. and we went to the mission office. this transfer, fifteen new missionaries arrived. and there were eight american sisters who arrived, and one american elder. In the end, I got paired up with a new Brazilian missionary who i will be training for the next few weeks. his name is Elder Fatori, and hes from Sçao Paulo. A lot shorter than me, and super excited to do missionary work. We had some pretty awesome inspiring trainings too before we left to our areas. The director for teaching at the mtc in Sçao Paulo came to give a training, which was quite a treat.
Afterwards, we all left to our areas. My new area is called Torres, which is a little tourist city on the coast. Its part of the zone Osório. its a big area, but a relatively small city. its very beautiful there as well. I'll be taking many many pictures here in the near future. I am super excited for these next few months. I'm going to learn a lot, and grow a lot at the same time. We are going to be super organized, and help this branch here. Oh ya, and its a branch here in Torres, which is pretty small, but very awesome.
Hope y'all having a good time too!!

-Elder Shurts











No comments:

Post a Comment