Friday, November 20, 2015

A Farewell from this CTM

his Tuesday. Ive spent six weeks in the mtc, two in Provo, and four in the CTM here in Brazil. It's been quite the adventure. In Provo, I made such close friends with those in my district. We grew close together in the Lord, and will definately hang out after the mission. The food in the Provo mtc was horrible. the CTM had amazing food, and I also made great friends here as well. I learned a lot of portuguese, and studied a flippin ton, as well as had many good laughs. I recieved amazing ties, and bought some pretty legit ties as well. And most importantly, I've grown in my knowledge and testimony in the gospel and have I've come closer to the Lord. This last week has been like all the rest, except for the fact that I know I'm leaving at the end of it. its a weird feeling. Anticipating the inevitable mystery I've always wondered about when i was younger. What is it really like to be a missionary, and to preach the the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those willing to receive it? What's it like to see miracles in the lives of others, and in my own life. Antiicipating the life of a real missionary, doing things on my own, being obedient, and feeling the Holy Spirit lead me to those whom the lord has prepared. And mostly anticipating how difficult it will be for the first few months learning the language, and adjusting the the culture and everything that the words of those who have been through cant prep me for. In all, I'm nervous, yet excited.

OH! and the Scariest thing happened yesterday, A teacher asked me to bear my testimony the other day in German, and talk in German, but I just couldn't, I could t form the words. Its like my mind was veiled!!! I would start, then switch right over to portuguese!! It was super weird, it was like the lord was keeping me from practicing a language which I had no use for, at least now, and that he really wanted me to learn Portuguese at the moment!!! Gift of Tongues is so weird, it will even keep you from speaking a language which you don't need in order to have you speak the language you need.


Elder Shurts

No comments:

Post a Comment