Monday, January 11, 2016

FIRST WEEK OF 2016

Dear Friends and Family
Ok, this week was good, and a transfer week. So I am officially the only american here in the area, which means a lot more portuguese now. So this week was pretty great. 

One family we taught is amazing. The dads name is Alessandra, and I forget the other names (because Portuguese names are REALLY hard for me to remember) but its a family of four, and they have three cousins living with them. They came to church so willingly, and just love us. We brought them and 7 other people to church yesterday.

So I have a funny experience to share. I was walking of the sidewalk leaving the house where we had lunch. and I was talking to Elder Ferreira, and out of nowhere, my head bashed something. and there was a big ~Cooonnggg~sound. bewildered, and in complete surprise I keep walking wakling, but turn around to see what I hit, and I hit the edge of a gate garrage door. In order to better understand how the gates work, Every single house has a iron fence with spikes on top for security (because brazil is dangerous, although caxias is super safe) and in the fence they have these gates. and when they open, they lift up in a wierd folding way. well, the gate was at the perfect height for my forehead, and found a pretty nice target on my head. surprisingly, all I got was a nice bump, and little cut, though I hit the gate much harder for just that. So, I was blessed to come away from bashing my forehead with only that.

So, those are the big things that happened this week. Remember that christ is always there for you. He loves you, and knows exactly what your going through. He didnt die and suffer on the cross for now reason, he did it so that he could succer his people, and lift our burdens. So pray, and ask god for help. Christ wants nothing more than to help you, he knows what your going through, and he knows how hard it is, and wants whats best for you. Remember that. If the whole world seems to be falling apart around you, remember that christ knows how it feels, and will help you if you ask him.

Sincerely, Elder Shurts


No comments:

Post a Comment