Monday, January 18, 2016

Talk About Some Water!

Dear friends and Family,

So this week was really good. We worked really hard, and helped a lot of people. So a miracle that happened yesterday was that 7 people were baptized. It was amazing. They were amazing. We baptized Raqueal, Juberto, Oliver, (one family) Claudia (one person) Maria, Iolasio, and Inara (the Alessandre family). Seven people! It was so exciting. Lots of water, and lots of spirit. I went on splits a lot this week with other missionaries, and witnessed other miracles as well. Like this one grandma who had been seeing missionaries for 16 years asked us when she was going to be baptized while I was there! And a mom, who was about to kick us out of her house...because she was very passionate about her own religion, had us stay, share a message and asked us to come back simply because I was American. haha. Here, Americans are rockstarts. Its kinda funny. 
Last but not least, the language. I am understanding a ton more. I am able to understand people way better, and have actually had some pretty long and good conversations with people. Its amazing how fast I'm learning the language. I have faith that Ill become fluent, and I'm working so hard, I'm always studying words. and the Lord is speeding up my learning. Its amazing. Only eight weeks in the field, and I'm able to speak this much. It's a miracle.


Elder Shurts

Training with President Campos
Splits with some fun elders
Pictures before the service

More baptism pics



Happy Elders!

Lots of people at the baptismal service


The Allesandre family (look how tall that elder is!)


Happy Elders!

No comments:

Post a Comment